Welcome to the home of the Sandpoint High School Cross Country team. SHSXC is dedicated to Sandpoint High School Cross Country
all year round.
A Sandpoint High School athlete may earn a varsity letter in Cross Country by completing the season and adhering to the school
athletic code and safety guidelines. Along with this the athlete must accomplish one of the following:
- Earn 11 varsity points in competition. Varsity points will be awarded accordingly:
- 1 point for running on the varsity team during a meet.
- 1 point for finishing as one of the top 7 runners on the team (JV runners can do this)
- 5 points for running under 17:30 for the boys or 20:30 for the girls in a 5k
- 3 points for finishing in the top 1/3 of the field
- 1 points for finishing in the middle 1/3 of the field
- 2 points will be awarded any athlete qualifying for the All Time Top 10 OR
- 1 points will be awarded any athlete qualifying for the All Time Top 25 5k
- 2 points will be awarded to athletes selected as Athlete of the Week
- 2 points will be awarded any athlete with a 3.0 GPA during the season
- 3 points will be awarded for perfect attendance at workouts from the first day of school to the end of the season
- If an athlete has not already earned a Cross Country letter and has been a positive member of the team and is in their
fourth season, this athlete through hard work and dedication has earned a varsity letter.
- In the event of extended illness or injury or participation for a partial season, lettering will be to the discretion of the
- State qualifiers (including alternate) automatically receive a letter.
next 5 days
Nothing on the schedule
The most important day in any running program is rest. Rest days give your muscles time to recover so you can run again. Your muscles build in strength as you rest.
- Hal Higdon